Sunday, April 23, 2006

Day 16

Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe. John 20:19-31

Back to Reconciliation this morning, Walden to Sunday School (with Tina observing) and I off to a Bible class.

The above quote from the Gospel reading is what stood out for me; I who always insist on some form of proof, looking for the miraculous, yet knowing on some level that I need to find the way through the simple (simple?) way of ordinary life. No lotteries, no bailings out, not because they do not exist, but because I need to learn through simplicity, through faith, through faith.

And yes: "ordinary" life is anything BUT simple.

So, there I was, this morning reading the liturgy without hesitation, not because I believe the words; in fact, if I stop long enough to reflect upon them, they would give me anything from pause to offense. But, how I envision my participation in the liturgy is of bathing in it, a baptism via its energy, the intentions behind. Apocalypse as the unseen things. Bathing in the apocalypse, the uncovered. Trying to leave my insistent concrete self at the door, see what the ear and eye seek out.

Tina in the choir, a place to revel for her.

I simply need to join this energy, this love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home