Friday, April 14, 2006

Day 7

Day at home with Mr. Baby, when is that not a blessing? I know he felt blessed, lollygagging with his PBS friends, while I lolled, adding to the novel (Working Title: Nothing Lingers), and reading on with Dickens and his "favorite child," Mr. Copperfield. The scene with Miss Mowcher, oh my, and CD when DC falls for Dora, and DC and his drunken adventures are hilarious.

On the way back from WFM this evening, I caught a Fresh Air interview with William Sloane Coffin, one of those stay in the driveway listens. I will not do him justice at all, but this was the best: speaking of his relative lack of concern regarding agnostics in the anti-war movements, he said that for him the question is less about who believes in God and more about "in whom God believes": the integrity of Love being a message that speaks through countless individuals, regardless of what they might profess. I like the "in whom God believes." Love seeks.

Back to Walden and Tina dyeing and decorating eggs, the few cracked ones going to yours truly, Mr. Snack. A tangerine-colored egg was my favorite of the bunch - favorite of the ones that stayed intact. My favorites of the cracked ones are nestled in the belly. Yum.

Blessings to the Reverend: 81 years here: eternally there. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home