Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Day 11

Woke up very foggy and groggy this morning: bed too late again, though for the worthy cause of the Armenian Genocide film and discussion. It's about an hour and a half into the work morning now, students quietly going about their tests (those few that are here) and I feel like I am beginning to come alive.

Groggy as I was, I got all my early morning things done with time to spare, so I sat down to meditate. The grogginess felt difficult to penetrate, so I began reciting the Lord's Prayer as a focus: it helped.

When I walked out of the house, the whole neighborhood was in a fog, and as it turned out, misting as well. So odd to see sheets of mist in the streetlights and yet feel nothing. I slept deeply on the bus ride, much deeper than usual, waking up at all the stops, GONE on the rides in between.

More later.

Later:

Adventures in LazoLand, the ups and downs of car chasing, but at least - and importantly - we are IN the chase. This feels good and bodes well. Definitely a blessing.

Before the chase began, it was still a largely groggy day, combination heat and sleeplessness. I was surprised that I managed the afternoon's pages for the novel, but they went well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home