Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day 91

I'm not quite finished.

The Allman Brothers song (Dickey Betts wrote it) is actually entitled "Revival." It will always be known to me by the latter half of its recurring lyric, "people can you feel it / love is everywhere."

I do not want to leave the impression that getting the job is the miracle. For one, it still has not been "got." Considerations yet to be made.

The miracle is in the song lyric. Its truth: its felt truth. The grace of its descent.

When I spoke with Bobbie last night about the day's events, she said that she "sees me" working at the school. She then proceeded to tell me that the founder of the school, an old friend of hers, had recently attended a labyrinth walk at our church. While there, she asked her friend to go and look at some exhibited poetry on the wall: my poetry. The woman loved it. Bobbie told her friend about me and said she thought I should be teaching at the school. The woman wholeheartedly agreed.

This conversation and the Allman Brothers - I was a boohooing mess.

And then the kicker: last night, after writing Day 90, I checked email just before going to bed. Friend Zet is checking in, letting me know she'd heard they may be hiring at the very school I'd just visited. And furthermore, she'd copied the email to her best friend Pam who teaches there. Who I've known for almost four years now. Never knowing it was THAT school.

Labyrinth indeed. Welcome to God's World. And peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home